Wednesday, February 8, 2012

January 2012

This month has probably been my hardest, most emotional month in Peace Corps. It was like a roller coaster. I'm going to choose not to go public with all of the details. If you are interested, I am happy to have a conversation or e-mail with you.


Ok, now that sounds like there is some huge secret, which is not the case. In very few words- We had an All Volunteer Conference where PC Washington informed us of mandatory changes that are taking place in the northern triangle in Central America. This personally effects me because I have to close my service (COS) by March 24th, instead of July 16. There are a ton more details and everyone was effected differently. Right now I am coping with wrapping up my life here and planning for my future...all in six weeks time, rather than six months. Needless to say, I am a little overwhelmed, BUT taking advantage of every single moment I have left as a PC Volunteer in Patzun!
Training group shrunk to 14 members. Such a fun group! I am going to miss them dearly.

Karen Raquel's first day of school! Adorable, right?!

Noehemi's 7th Birthday!  Oh, how's she grown since last year. It's not until you celebrate a second birthday with the family that you realize how long you've been here. Children grow up so fast.
Cheers! Christamas gift exchange with Raquel, Hector and Raquel.

Playing Santa Maggie with Mary and Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment