Friday, February 3, 2012

December State-side

Silly Mags assumed that everyone in the states would have a camera. WRONG! Well, they do. They use their smart phones. Anyway, I do not have one photo from my week stay in Kansas. I had such a wonderful time, catching up with great friends, reuniting with Leawood South, meeting babies, seeing wedding albums, visiting Kelly's, and enjoying Christmas with the family. I could easily post three dozen photos of Addison, but don't quite have the Internet velocity to do so. She is precious!


Funny things that happened in the states (that I choose to make public)


- Having a personal conversation with my friend in Guatemala when Dad pulls up in the car, the smart phone cuts off, and my friend is now sharing her personal life with a car full of people via blue tooth radio


- Jumping out of a box to surprise Mums...almost gave her a heart attack


- Daddio falling asleep during my PC Guatemala presentation to the girls youth group


- I have to admit- going to the wrong airport and missing my flight back to Guatemala

- Hilarious responses while playing "The Game of Things"

NYE Crew! Best New Years Eve, EVER!!  We hung out in our hotel suite and played board games!

Arran and Addison at the NY Day family run. I had some great chats with RPCV's.

Let's go MAV's!! I was able to go to TWO games. We had a blast!  One night the man behind me caught a t-shirt and then gave it to me. Very exciting.

Family photo from Shrek Ice Museum. Recognize this photo from last year? Family tradition.
I genuinely missed my friends, family, team and routines here in Guatemala. I thought about my Guatemalan life a lot while in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment