Monday, January 24, 2011

Holidays in the US of A

I was able to take a couple week vacation home to America for the holidays!  It was absolutely wonderful spending time with my family, especially meeting Addison for the first time. As planned Maura and Jimmy picked me up from the airport, THEN Molly, Arran, Mum, Addy and Kimba all surprised me.  And then, my best friend from college, Bevan, came to spend a few days with me in Texas.  It gets even better, best friend from high school, Max, also suprised me with a Texas visit.  I am so blessed to have such loving family and friends.  Here are some of the photo highlights:

The Kelly/Stewart family clan of 30 something went to Charlie Brown's Christmas Ice Exhibit

Christmas with Mummy!  Arran, Molly, Addy, Me, Jimmy, Mum, Kimba and Maura.  On Christamas eve we ate tons of food at Aunt Rita and Uncle Alan's with the extended family.  We went home and started opening our family gift exchange presents.  Got up early the next morning to see what all Santa brought.
Christmas with Daddio, Jane, Jeff, Eric, Kristen, Brittney, Uncle Kyle, Aunt Georgie, Grandma Smart, Cousins- Mitch, Sarah, Katie, Conor; Babies- Rory, Claire, Addy; New Zealand family- Arran, Cam, Les, Peta, and Molly!  The trip to Kansas was not long enough- very short, but sweet.  Dad and Jane re-did the whole upstairs.  It was nice and cozy.  They also hosted family and friends gatherings every night, so I was able to see nearly everyone.
Addison's Baptism!  Peta, Arran's Mum, made her dress, bonnet and matching booties.  It is beautiful.  As you all know, I was the Godmother!  Such an honor. The service was nice.  Addy wanted to jump into the water.
I got to go to Maura's trial gymnastics competition!  She did such a wonderful job.  Cutest and most talented looking gymnist I've ever seen.  In her official competition last week she got FIRST place in her trampoline routine!  Wish I could have been there Boo.

Addy's first Mav's game!  SUPER fun.  Go Spurs!  Anacelto and Mary (and any other basketball fans) look at how huge the stadium is! I have more photos to share with you- motivacion por el proximo jornada.


Some things I was not accustomed to in America:

5. Not greeting everyone with a kiss on the cheek and por lo menos a brief conversation

4. Hardly ever speaking Spanish or even seeing it

3. Having a million options for food, products, to-do’s, etc.

2. TECHNOLOGY:

Hearing Jane being broadcasted on the radio, which was actually blue tooth

The urine activated advertisements in the urinals at Kelly’s

At the Maverick’s game, what appeared to be advertisements quickly turned into a mirror while standing in front of it

1. Remembering to throw the toilet paper in the TOILET



No comments:

Post a Comment