Friday, September 24, 2010

Catching Up

I am sorry I have "disappeared"...I have not time nor access to Internet. I have been busy with Independence Day activities, then got a little throat infection. And THEN the most exciting news ever- I MOVED!! I am living with Raquel and Hector, two very well known retired teachers. I have my own "casita" or little house with a bedroom, kitchen, living area, THREE windows, bathroom with a toilet that flushes, hot shower, sink, my own pila (giant sink to wash clothes, dishes, etc), own entrance to my house AND it's the most perfect location- super close to the center of town! Our neighbors are really sweet, as well. 

Last weekend my friend from my training group, Pedro, two site mates, Lydia and Laura, helped me move everything and then we started painting! It's all concrete block, so we livened it up with some yellow paint. I am extremely appreciative to have such wonderful friends to help with the big move. To be completely honest, I am really spoiled here. Raquel has her own laundry business (with a washing machine)...Hector takes out my trash...they invite me to eat delicious food with them...they are just like my parents, "Don't forget your umbrella!", "Are you sure you know how to get there?!"...not to mention, they've helped a lot with telling me where to buy things...oh! and they help a lot with my Spanish (obviously, the whole teacher background). I am super fortunate to be here. Just having a comfortable place to come home to has such a positive effect on the rest of my life- work, health, stress, Spanish, etc. Once everything is finished I will post photos.


It gets even better- Mum is coming on Sunday!! She gets in Sunday night, her birthday is Tuesday, and she has to leave Wednesday morning. I am really looking forward to hugging her, having conversations face to face, getting a back scratch (I bet people reading my blog don't care to hear about this, oh well, it's important to me). And Mum is super creative and can help me design and organize my room!

Addison is over one month old! She is super healthy and more active every day. Molly and Arran asked me to be her Godmother! I am very excited. I need to take a class, then get a letter from the priest saying that I completed the course...all in Spanish. Hector goes to church five days a week, so he is going to help me out.
Things are super great,

Godmother Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment