Thursday, August 26, 2010

Photo Update!

Goodness! I am sorry it has been so long!

BEST NEWS EVER!  I am an Auntie!! Molly gave birth to Addison Kelly Stone in New Zealand on August 14 at 1:03 am, 9 healthy pounds.  She's perfect!  i love her sleep marks and how she is sticking her tounge between her lips.  When I show Guatemalan's photos that I have of Addison they comment on how fat she is. hehe.  I want to hold her.
I was so excited to share all of the exciting news about Patzun, I totally forgot an important event.  On July 16 I swore in as an official Peace Corps Volunteer...no longer a trainee.  This photo is of me shaking the US Ambassador's hand.  It was quite an honor to be wearing the typical Mayan dress.  My host mother wore the top (wepiel) at her wedding- very expensive and all sewn by hand.  You can't see them, but I am wearing my host aunt's shoes that she also wore at her wedding (they were a size and half too small)!  I am even wearing the angel earrings to complete the outfit.
The Youth Development Group!! There are currently 20 Youth Development PCV from my training group serving in different parts of Guatemala.

Patzun host family!  Again, in traje (typical Mayan wear).  My host mother, Josefina, invited me to walk around town- to the market, church, park area, wearing her clothes.
Celebrating Dina's 21st Birthday!  Dina really helps me out a lot!  We enjoy playing cards together, talking, and joking around.  Ignacio, my grandmother, not to be confused with 21 year-old Dina.  Another extremely caring and helpful person. I think that she knows nearly every single person in Patzun. Please note the tall stack of delicious tortillas!
Market! Not the best photo, but pretty cool with all of the colors and the rain.
More updates to come soon!  Promise it won't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment